Who is Robert?
A hard worker.
Someone who truly embraces and celebrates life.
One of the best huggers ever. Seriously. There is nothing like a good, long bear hug and he is one of the best when it comes to that.
A fun soul.
A former co-worker/manager of mine.
Always a friend.
Robert and I met up just to have some fun. It was so great to see him, although Facebook allows us to stay in touch in the meantime. I'm always nervous shooting a friend for the first time so as much as I do love some images, I know there is always room for improvement. We'll be having a Part II soon, so I'm sure we'll let loose a little more then. But for now, some of my favorite images of Robert. :)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Who is Robert?
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Dear Riley Grace,
Wow! 1 year!! We made it! This has been the fastest year of my life!!
This post is a little late as your birthday has already come and gone, but I still needed to document it! I don't know where to begin...I could start by saying that I'm so glad I'm not back to a year ago recovering after having you. That was no fun! They say that you forget the pain. Well, I haven't and one day when you're older and you want to hear about the day you were born, we'll talk about all that good stuff. ;)
But you were worth all the recovering. In fact, it gets better and better with every day. Some days when it doesn't seem so "easy", looking back on previous months, it definitely gets easier. I don't want to wish away time, but I am definitely looking forward to fun times ahead - when you can walk and hold my hand, when we can have tea parties and when I can let you stick your finger in the cake batter when I'm baking. But for now, I'll enjoy this time, because like the first year, I know it will pass way too quickly.
Your 11th to 12th month was probably the most surprising. Although, you are still not walking (although you cruise around the couch really well) and I'm not sure that you are really saying anything that can be deciphered :), you got sick for the first time. :( Really congested, stuffy nose, runny nose, bad cough...just no fun at all. We had to cancel your 1st birthday party which was really sad. We wanted you to get better and we didn't want to get any other friends sick. But Grammy Q came down during this time to celebrate your big day so we still had a tiny party with some family. Even though it wasn't exactly what we had planned, it was perfect!
We don't have too much new to report:
- You are still in size 3 diapers.
- You don't even weigh 20 lbs yet! The doctor said that you are our "tiny princess". :)
- You still sleep in your own crib - thank the Lord for you being so good about this!! We had a rough night or two when you were sick, but that was it.
- You are now on WHOLE MILK and TABLE FOOD!! So happy about this. You had a grilled cheese sandwich the other day when we were out and you LOVED it!
- We are trying to wean you from the bottle and onto sippy cups or regular cups and it's only been two days but today you did pretty well.
- I had to take you for vaccinations again (ugh) but even worse, a blood draw. It was so awful to see you sit there crying through that and hang on to me and look back at me to help you. That was torture for me. I pray that's the worse I ever have to go through with you.
- You are still an night owl but have started going to bed sometime in the 8 o'clock hour instead of the 9 o'clock hour. I still check on you several times a night. :)
- If we are home in the early afternoon, you will sometimes take 1 to 2 hour naps.
- You went to Disneyland for the first time on Mommy's birthday!
You are a blessing, baby girl. I thank God all the time for a healthy, sweet baby.
Love you so much,
Friday, January 8, 2010
That's my favorite quote I've heard when someone has eaten the following cookies that I have baked on many occasions. These cookies are my claim to baking fame - they never fail me!
And a random post of baby girl...a day at the beach (yes, we have a beach with a playground on it!) on the swings. My hubby's mom is visiting and it was a nice day relaxing at the beach in the morning, baking cookies in the afternoon and East Side Mario's for dinner!