CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Something vs. Nothing

Some days when volunteering, I think about how many homeless animals there are out there. Our no-kill shelter is just ONE of many shelters, and not all dogs/cats are as lucky as ours are. It hurts my heart when I think about it and then I tell myself I can only do so much. I am doing what I can do right now. Even if it is 'small' in the big scheme of things. My new friends Liz and Annette told me about another volunteer project they help with. I looked up the site and I found this quote. It really hit home - every time I feel sad or depressed because I feel like my little bit hardly helps, I will remember these words. I feel that this quote could have been written just for me:

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.”
Edmund Burke


So for now, I will contribute little by little and give as much as I can, and be OK with it. I am doing more than doing nothing at all.

Share |

1 comments:

Al said...

That is such a great quote! Awesome find, babe!! It's a really nice blog, too. This shelter found you and now look how happy it makes you when you hear of one of the dogs getting adopted. :)